Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats


Cooper made these this morning. He had a rare time and I took a wee video of him making them, unfortunately the memory card ran out half way through, so you only see the process until the mixing stage (video at end of post). Such a pity as Cooper progressed from smoothing down the treats in the brownie pan to scooping up big spoonfuls of the treats to eat. Tsk, tsk! I did get a photo though.

The video states 6 cups of rice krispies, but I have cut the quantity down to 5 cups in the printed recipe. They were very lightly coated in the peanut butter mix and I felt they could have had more topping.




Only make these for toddlers and children if you know they do not have a nut allergy and remember that honey is not suitable for babies until after the age of one.

Get into the kitchen with your children and have fun.

print recipe
Peanut Butter Krispie Treats
Light, tasty treat that are easy for wee ones to make themselves. Go on, get the kids in the kitchen.
Ingredients
  • ½ cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
  • ½ cup honey
  • 5 cups Rice Krispies
Instructions
1. Grease one or two brownie pans, depending on how thick you want the treats to be.2. Melt the peanut butter and honey in a small pan. Set aside to cool a little.3. Measure out the rice krispies into a large bowl,4. Pour the liquid over the rice krispies and mix well until well combined.5. Pour the mixture into on or two brownie pans and press down well.6. Leave in the fridge to cool and set before cutting into squares.
Details
Total time: Yield: 16 or 32 squares depending on how thick you want to make them





9 comments:

  1. Aw how lovely to see Cooper baking and to hear your voice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godness, I hate my voice Janice. I am just glad you didn't laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just gorgeous - he is so so cute especially with that big bowl in front of him - what a little cook - and it is nice to hear how you cook with him too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really loves being in the kitchen Johanna :)

    Thanks Kavi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's precious, Jac. The expression on his face is totally adorable. I hated my voice when I started recording for the blog: I think it is the critic in us. You sound fine: I love it when you say "Be careful!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cringe whenever I watch the clip Simona, but I can't help it cause he is so cute in it and so pleased with himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Looks like too much fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...