Green Pepper & Corn Veggie Burgers


I make these veggie burgers in my George Foreman grill, but they could be fried or baked. They are quick and easy to make and very tasty. The patties are a little wet, but don't worry as they dry out as they cook.




print recipe
Green Pepper & Corn Veggie Burgers
Written by

January 03, 2012

Simple & tasty veggie burgers. Rice, corn & green pepper with a hint of spice.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup steamed white rice cooked & cooled
  • ½ cup corn kernels
  • 1 finely chopped green pepper
  • ½ finely chopped white onion
  • 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
  • a good grinding of black peppercorns
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 3 slices of wholemeal bread, whizzed into breadcrumbs
Instructions
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the rice, bread, corn, green pepper, onion, black pepper, lemon juice, cumin & chilli powder.2. Shape the vegetable-rice mixture into 4-6 patties and refrigerate for 2 hours. 3. Place three of the patties at a time on a pre-heated grill or frying pan for 6-8 minutes or until well browned. I used my George Foreman grill.4. Place the patties in the hamburger buns & top with your choice of accompaniments. I lightly toasted the rolls before filling them.
Details

Total time:
(not including time to chill)
Yield: 4-6 burgers, depending on size





I am entering my Veggie burgers into Ren's new weekly blog challenge. Family Friendly Fridays. Ren will be collecting family friendly meals all week in a linky and then posting them after Friday.

6 comments:

  1. wow.. looks so good! I've never tried using rice in the patties! do they taste good with the burger!?
    -
    Kavi | Edible Entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really lovely, will try it on my toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the rice is great in the patties Kavi. It is a good texture.

    Thanks Janice :)#

    I hope it is popular :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great - wonder if sylvia would love it - I know I would

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give it a try and let me know Johanna :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...