Strawberry & Basil Ice Lolly


This is the first time I have used my Zoku Quick Pop Maker this year. The weather hasn't been great and one lovely day when I did decide to use it, I couldn't find the lolly sticks. I must have stored them somewhere extra safe. It is a complete mystery actually. I have turned the house upside down and still haven't found them. I eventually gave in and bought a spare set.

Voila, another nice day and I thought what could be nicer than a lovely fruit yogurt ice lolly? The flavour was purely determined by what I had to hand. So we ended up with strawberry yoghurt lollies scented with basil. Cooper, as you can see from the photos, loved them.




print recipe
Strawberry & Basil Ice Lollies
Strawberry & yoghurt ice lollies scented with basil. Just wonderful for children and adults. Summer is here.
Ingredients
  • 4 large strawberries
  • 2 fresh basil leaves
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1⁄3 cup/80ml greek yoghurt
  • 1⁄3 cup/80ml milk
Instructions
1. Whizz up all the ingredients. 2. Taste the mixture. If the strawberries are a little tart you could add a touch of honey, although never give honey to babies under one. Alternatively you could add a smidgen of maple syrup. I don't think you will need any sweetener, the balsamic vinegar has a sweetness to it and the yoghurt will dampen any tartness from the fruit.3. Pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds and freeze until set.If you have a Zoku Quick Pop Maker, this will only take 7 minutes.4. Enjoy.notes:
I have given the prep. time as 3 minutes, this is before freezing time.
Details
Total time:
Yield: 4 ice lollies



2 comments:

  1. Hello Jac, come to visit :)

    My grandson is only 6 months old and I am not in on the feeding act yet, that's mums job. However, I dare say in another 6 months I could be a regular visitor!!!

    Good luck with promoting your blog. I'll retweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It is nice to have someone come by. It is a little quiet here. I know it is new, but still... I do hope you come back for ideas for your grandson :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...