Ice Lolly for Baby


We all enjoy an ice lolly on a hot day. It seems a shame that baby would miss out on such a treat, but when you have a baby you are constantly on the alert for sugar, salt and other hidden nasties.

I make all of Cooper's food, so I can be sure that whatever he eats is pure and good for him. One of the few exceptions I make is baby yoghurt, the kind which is just sweetened with fruit puree and he loves it.

When my mother-in-law suggested making ice lollies out of baby yoghurt, I thought it was a fabulous idea. It was so simple too. No need for lolly moulds to make these lollies. All you do is slit the lid of the yoghurt pot with a lollypop stick or do what Jean did and use a baby spoon, even easier, then just pop them in the freezer until frozen.

As you will see from the photos, Cooper loved his yoghurt ice lolly.




5 comments:

  1. He looks so delicious, I could eat him up! The yoghurt pops looks great too. Wonderful Idea that I'll share with my daughter... not to mention have a stash in the freezer when my angels come for a visit.

    Great blog, BTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny, great idea for a simple and safe ice for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He did love it Janice, my cute, baldy baby (Cooper that is) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this with my son on Monday and have blogged about it today and lnked back to you here...http://motherhenstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/babys-ice-lolly.html thank you so much for this wonderful idea, i am a huge fan of healhty stuff and was not hapy giving him ice cream just get only home made juice lollies, but this is great, not even a lolly mould needed much less cleaning for me hurrah!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...